[Samba] Samba4 AD/LDAP question

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Apr 4 01:18:59 MDT 2011

Hi,
as far as I know samba4 does not support local users yet. So your linux
boxes must use samba winbind in some kind.
I don't think that a samba ads to ldap sync is working by now. However on
some linux boxes esp. suse I think has the
support to manage ads auth by yast. This should be working against samba 4
ads or windows ads.

Good Luck
Danile

EDV Daniel Müller