[Samba] Winbind cached account locked out

Beli beli+smb at beli.sk
Mon Apr 4 01:08:48 MDT 2011

 On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 11:36:05 -0700, Bob Miller wrote:
> I am not familiar with joining active directory or offline caching,
> but
> I do know that the pdbedit command allows to manipulate the account
> lockout mechanism.  perhaps that will help in your case...

 Hello,
 thanks for the tip. I played around with pdbedit, but it seems to have
 effect only on local samba accounts or when samba acts as a domain
 controller. Specifically, pdbedit says that policy "bad lockout attempt"
 is 0 (disabled), yet the accounts cached from domain are still locked
 out when used in offline mode.
 It is also not possible to unlock an account with pdbedit, because it
 doesn't seem to know about the cached accounts, pdbedit -L gives nothing
 :(

 ---
 Beli - IT consultant
 beli+smb at beli.sk | www.beli.sk