[Samba] Unable to join to Windows 2003 PDC using samba 3.5.8 from a linux machine!!

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sat Apr 2 11:13:37 MDT 2011

From: Rick Gates <rick123.gates at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 23:39:48 +0530

> > Did you try adding the kerberos realm info for ABCDOM.PQR.COM into the
> samba clients krb5?
>
> Yeah. I did try to configure kerberos.
> In fact, "kinit Administrator" succeeds. Correct me if I am
> mistaken, but I believe that indicates that kerberos configuration
> has no issues.
> (Missed including krb5.conf in my original post. Will do that soon (probably
> in my next post))
>
> Will check the remaining points and post the outcome.

Sometimes AD specific configuration is needed to krb5.conf.

Have you set DNS server to 10.25.66.71 and ABCDOM.PQR.COM to the
search or domain directive in your /etc/resolv.conf?

Can you resolve correct SRV record of the domain on your Samba server?

"password server" is no longer referenced when joining to the domain
as far as I examined at Samba 3.3.1. So you have to resolve the DC's
address setting DNS correctly and leave "password server" parameter
default.

And LMHOSTS has nothing to do with joining to the AD with "net ads
join".

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>