[Samba] Unable to join to Windows 2003 PDC using samba 3.5.8 from a linux machine!!

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:30:02 MDT 2011

So your samba server thinks it is  joining an NT4 domain.
Is the ADS domain in "NT4 compatibility" mode or "windows 2003 native"
mode?    I think that "NT4" machines can still join ADS domains even if
the ADS domains are in 2000/2003 mode.

Did you try adding the kerberos realm info for ABCDOM.PQR.COM into the
samba clients krb5?

Also check

     testparm -v | grep resolve

By default
     name resolve order = lmhosts wins host bcast

I think it is better to have hosts and wins first.

Is the ADS server your DNS server?  Is the samba server using the ADS
server as the DNS server?  DNS should include "resource records" to help
locate an ADS DC.  I don't think you can have lmhosts entry for an ADS
server.