[Samba] help with AD integration

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 14:06:15 MDT 2010

I suspect Oracle won't be much help with 3rd party s/w.    I had opened
a ticket with Sun last year (?) when I had with domain trusts with the
samba version they provided (the trusts worked BUT the cache would
expire and not repopulate.)   They had a cookie cutter setup for joining
Samba to an AD domain (which wasn't relevant to me.)  They were
supposedly going to release a build for samba 3.4.x BUT they seemed to
have killed any more work with Samba.

If Ben switches back to samba 3.0.x from Sun he may be able to get some
help.    Altho I suspect if you did through the release notes you wilL
NOT find Win 2008 support for Samba 3.0.x.