[Samba] Attempting to build 3.5.5 on Freebsd 8.1

Jack Downes jax at nwmt.us
Wed Sep 29 00:20:39 MDT 2010

Not sure if this is the right list...

using the ports, I've installed Samba 3.0.3x, 3.3.13, 3.4.8 all with
LDAP, ADS, WINBIND, ACL_SUPPORT, SYSLOG, UTMP, PAM_SMBPASS, EXP_MODULES,
& POPT  enabled in the config.  They've all worked to some degree or
another.  I'm working with a large install of XP clients and some
windows7 clients, so I'm looking toward the future releases for a
long-term solution.  Anyway, I'm letting you know about these options
for install of Samba 3.4.8 because i assume it has installed all the
necessary kerberos stuff as a required dep.  However, as you'll see...
perhaps not.

ran this on the freebsd box

./configure --enable-swat --enable-cups --with-ldap --with-ads
--with-krb5=/usr --with-dnsupdate --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass
--with-syslog --with-acl-support --with-winbind --with-utmp
--enable-krb5developer

The output is long.  I've pasted it at pastebin.com :
http://pastebin.com/smHTLetA

So, trying to compile this with make:  http://pastebin.com/H2EyWCVr

anyway, it doesn't work, errors out with libsmb/clikrb5.c:1646:2: error:
#error UNKNOWN_KRB5_ENCTYPE_TO_STRING_FUNCTION

Do I need a newer version of Kerberos on the machine?  or is this some
other error?

thanks,
Jack