[Samba] samba version to use on CentOS?

scott_stone at trendmicro.com scott_stone at trendmicro.com
Tue Sep 28 15:42:58 MDT 2010

it's Fedora EPEL which is the enterprise repository.. ie, Fedora packages specifically ported to work on CentOS.  It used to be part of the fedora mirror but now it's its own thing, at least on mirrors.kernel.org.  Turns out, however, that both versions of samba are part of the CentOS 5 base repo.

Scott Stone <scott_stone at trendmicro.com>
Lead Developer, DCS-RD
Trend Micro, Inc. http://www.trendmicro.com