[Samba] how to run more than one logon script

Leonardo Carneiro chesterman86 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:49:11 MDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm running Samba 3.4.7 with OpenLDAP as PDC and I want to run more
than one logon script per user.

What i want to achieve is:

Run a general logon script, that do the folder mapping of the public
access folders for all users.
AFTER this run a group-based logon script, to map some groups-related folders.
And still after those 2 scripts, run a user-based logon script, to map
some user-related folders.

Why i'm trying to do this:

I want to do this because i have a lot of folders that i want to map
for some users that are not from the same primary group. If i create
only one script per user, i'll have tons of scripts, and I'll have to
edit each of then every time i'd want to map a folder to all users,
not only to those guys.

I'm well aware that i can specify a group or user (or other things)
related script in the users settings in samba, but i want to run more
than one script.

Is there a specific configuration to make this work? Is there a
workaround to do this?

Tks in advance.