[Samba] help with user permissions

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Sep 28 11:58:12 MDT 2010

  Ben,

If I understand you correctly, you are describing expected behavior.
Using "valid users" means only
the users listed can access that share.  If you want all the users to
have access, don't use "valid users".

Dale

      valid users (S)

    This is a list of users that should be allowed to login to this
    service. Names starting with '@', '+' and '&' are interpreted using
    the same rules as described in the /|invalid users|/ parameter.

    If this is empty (the default) then any user can login. If a
    username is in both this list and the /|invalid users|/ list then
    access is denied for that user.

    The current servicename is substituted for /|%S|/. This is useful in
    the [homes] section.

    Default: //|valid users|/ = | # No valid users list (anyone can
    login) | /

    Example: //|valid users|/ = |greg, @pcusers| /