[Samba] help with user permissions

Ben George bentech4you at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:22:37 MDT 2010

Hi

My Name is Ben.T.George

i successfully installed samba and other all dependencies on my Solaris 10
(SPARC) machine.

i stopped the default samba and swat and enabled these 2 from the installed
location (/usr/local/samba/sbin)

then i edited the smb.conf using swat.after that i got a smb.conf like this\

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from UNKNOWN (ÿ¿û )
# Date: 2010/09/28 16:30:12

[global]
    workgroup = GROUP
    hosts allow = 192.168.1.

[user1]
    path = /export/home/user1
    valid users = user1

[ramana]
    path = /export/home/ramana
    valid users = ramana

[teju]
    path = /export/home/teju
    valid users = teju
[user1]
    path = /export/home/user1
    valid users = user1

after that i created these 3 user's and set password (smbpassword and normal
password)

then i added one windows xp machine to this same GROUP,i can view these
shared folders there

then my problem is when i access that particular shared folders,every time
one folder opens,when i try to access other 2 ,it says not accessible

after that i tried to create these same users on windows,i logged another
user and tried,,then the folder permission changed
still i can access another folder and other 2 are not accessible..

every time these changed according to the user.

please help me to solve these....without giving "valid users" it works
perfect for me

please

Thanks
Ben.T.George