[Samba] solaris 10 -zfs - smb.conf

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:34:34 MDT 2010

I am making some guesses...

Read the man page on idmap_rid.   That might make the idmap stuff a
little simpler (it doesn't apply to my environment so I am not 100% sure.)

Does "wbinfo -u" and "wbinfo -g" list the AD domain users and groups?
Does "getent passwd" and "getent group" list those users?    Do you have
/etc/nsswitch.conf configured to handle users and groups from
winbind?    The Solaris OS has so have some way of dealing with
"Windows" users.

Is your idmap backend TDB or ldap?  Do you see idmap entries in the
IDMAP DB?