[Samba] Upgrade to Alfa13

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 10:54:12 MDT 2010

Hi

I'm Ccing samba-technical.

On 22 September 2010 14:15, Konstantin Pobudzey <5836000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hello
>
> After running upgade provision :
>
> [root at dc1 source4]# scripting/bin/upgradeprovision -s
> /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
>
> I got error message :
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 36, in ?
>    import ldb
> ImportError: No module named ldb
>
> and ...bin/python/ldb.so not exist in source4
> Actually  no bin directory in source4
>
> Is this ok?

Did you compile it before running upgradeprovision?

I've just tried this now:

1.) Download samba-4.0.0alpha13.tar.gz
2.) Unpack to samba-4.0.0alpha13
3.) cd samba-4.0.0alpha13/source4
4.) ./configure
5.) make

At this point, bin/python/ldb.so is a symlink pointing at
bin/default/source4/lib/ldb/pyldb.so.

6.) Make sure samba is not running and back everything up.
7.) sudo scripting/bin/upgradeprovision -s /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf

which produces the following output:

Creating a reference provision
Copy privilege
Update base samdb by searching difference with reference one
update secrets.ldb
Update machine account
Upgrade finished !
Reopenning samdb to trigger reindexing if needed after modification
Reindexing finished

That was a provision with nothing much in it, though, so your one
might produce more output.  Not sure.

Perhaps upgrading-samba4.txt should say you need to compile the code
first before running upgradeprovision?

> ( I'm using zipped package from ftp://us1.samba.org/pub/samba/samba4/ )
> Also size is smaller then previous released . Is it should like this ? )

I think the previous releases also contained the Samba 3 source code,
while the alpha 13 tarball does not.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>