[Samba] Windows 7 on a Samba 3.2.5 Domain

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Fri Sep 24 23:25:46 MDT 2010

Quoting Rodolfo Barbosa (barbosa.rodolfo at lunarconsultoria.com.br):
> Guys,
>
> Does the Windows 7 work with a Samba 3.2.5? If it does,
> where can I find a documentation about it?

The mention of 3.2.5 makes me think you might be using Debian lenny..:-)

In such case, you probably want to use backported packages for samba
for Win7 support.

http://backports.debian.org/ will give you the needed instructions.

Please note that we currently have Samba 3.4.8 there, that's still
affected by the latest security notice (CVE-2010-3069).

I am preparing a backport of samba 3.5.5 as this is the version we now
have in Debian squeeze.