[Samba] Debian Upgrade to 3.5.5

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Thu Sep 23 23:13:41 MDT 2010

Quoting Dale Schroeder (dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com):

> After today's Squeeze upgrade from 3.4.8 to 3.5.5, domain logons were initially broken.
> I was fortunate to find Thomas Burkholder's workaround from last June, i.e. turn off
> server signing.
>
> Can anyone explain why "server signing = auto" no longer works in 3.5.x?

Uh, I'm worried about this. As you saw, we (Debian packagers) finally
decided to go for 3.5 in squeeze instead of 3.4. That was a though
decision, which we made quite late in squeeze freeze process.

So, any regression experienced by our users is worrying....and maybe
worth being mentioned in the release notes (even squeeze release
notes).

Could you describe in more details what happened to you and do you
think that would be a regression for users who are upgrading from
3.2.5 (what we have, officially, in lenny)?