[Samba] Samba with a lot of users (1500-2000) : experience ? hints ? references ?

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Thu Sep 23 08:55:34 MDT 2010

Dear all,

I have installed many PC infrastructures with Samba and Windows roaming
profiles working successfully and fast with installations of around 100
users.

But now, a customer of mine is asking if this is possible for around
1500 users. Of course I know it is possible, but I would like to know if
some people here already did such an installation, if it requires more
than one Samba server, if there are some limitations, and what could be
(will be) the difficulties

If you know some web pages about success stories, examples, hints,
whatever, I would also be interested...

Thanks a lot in advance for any help !

Denis