[Samba] Samba 4 compile instructions

Derek Lewis dlewis at mtu.edu
Thu Sep 23 03:33:07 MDT 2010

Sorry for the delay...

I downloaded the latest stable Samba v4.0 via git and prepared a branch to work with locally.  I was able to configure and perform make quicktest without error.  I then tried to create the binaries with sudo make, which reported the build finished successfully.

When I configured samba 4 I set prefix=/usr/local/samba4 in order to install/test without removing my current samba 3.4.7.

Can I keep my current Samba installed but disabled while testing samba4?

Derek