[Samba] connecting two samba shares on one pc with windows xp

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 06:46:14 MDT 2010

On 09/22/2010 08:23 AM, Chris McDonald wrote:
> I am trying to mount two shares on Linux box using XP windows machine.
> Both shares are valid and work independently, but I want both to be
> connected simultaneously. I am able to connect A but in order to
> connect B i have disconnect the A connection. Both shares seem to be
> set up properly and working, just not at the same time.
> Thanks, Christopher

Are you connecting with the same credentials (user name and password?)
Do both shares require authentication?    I don't think Windows lets you
connect to the same server with two different sets of credentials at
one.      The the Linux machine setup as a PDC or just a workgroup
server?  It is just a work group server do you have a samba account with
the same username and password as on your XP machine?

Is this XP Pro or home?