[Samba] vfs_acl_xattr - moving files/folders

Robert robiman at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 00:59:25 MDT 2010

Hello,

We've been using samba 3.3.9 with vfs_acl_xattr for some time now, and we do
have one issue - when someone moves a file from one place to another (in
Windows), it keeps the old ACLs instead of inheriting the new ones. I understand
why this is happening (moving as opposed to copying, which actually makes a new
file, and thus attains new ACLs as well), so I would just like to know if this
has already been resolved in latest versions of samba.

btw, I see it is still marked as experimental in 3.5.x - can we get some more
info on the progress of this module? Apart from the above-mentioned issue we had
absolutely no problems with vfs_acl_xattr, and it really simplifies the handling
of ACLs on Windows clients.

Best regards,
Robert