[Samba] RHEL 5

Robert Freeman-Day presgas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 14:47:05 MDT 2010

Looks like I have to top post.

The current Samba package provided by Red Hat to their RHEL 5 Linux
distribution is 3.3.x
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2009-1399.html

The SerNet packages are from a separate organization and NOT affiliated
with Red Hat.  They have a separate support structure and therefore you
would pay extra to get official support from their packages.  See:
http://enterprisesamba.com/
and
http://www.sernet.de/en/services/support/

I have been happy with the SerNet packages, but Red Hat would not
support you if you used them instead of what is provided...or they would
at least to a best effort.

Robert