[Samba] get_schannel_session_key_common

Frédéric SOSSON fsosson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 03:58:04 MDT 2010

Hello,

I'm using Samba 3.5.4 machine wich is joined to a Windows 2008R2
domain containing one parent and one child domain, parent domain does
not contain any computer account, but child one contains everything..
Windows sys admin called me to tell my samba machine tries to connect
to parent domain resulting "EventID 5723" in the event log, at the
same moment I can see thoses lines in winbind log files:

[2010/09/17 09:09:35.660185,  3]
rpc_client/cli_pipe.c:3958(get_schannel_session_key_common)
  get_schannel_session_key_common: rpccli_netlogon_setup_creds failed
with result NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT to server
mydomaincontroler.myparentdomain, domain MYPARENTDOMAIN, machine
account MYSAMBAMACHINE.

any idea?

regards,

Frédéric