[Samba] [Announce] Samba 3.5.5, 3.4.9 and 3.3.14 Security Releases Available

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue Sep 14 05:14:28 MDT 2010

Release Announcements
=====================

These are a security releases in order to address CVE-2010-3069.

o  CVE-2010-3069:
   All current released versions of Samba are vulnerable to
   a buffer overrun vulnerability. The sid_parse() function
   (and related dom_sid_parse() function in the source4 code)
   do not correctly check their input lengths when reading a
   binary representation of a Windows SID (Security ID). This
   allows a malicious client to send a sid that can overflow
   the stack variable that is being used to store the SID in the
   Samba smbd server.

Changes
-------

o   Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 7669: Fix for CVE-2010-3069.

o   Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
    * BUG 7669: Fix for CVE-2010-3069.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba corresponding product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/

The release notes are available online at:

        http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/history/samba-3.3.14.html
        http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/history/samba-3.4.9.html
        http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/history/samba-3.5.5.html

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy