[Samba] Machine account reject - additional troubleshooting

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Sat Sep 11 08:23:30 MDT 2010

I played around the whole day with various hints
I have found in the web, without any progress.

What I do have discovered is that if you have that
"Rejecting auth request from machine account" issue, that
windows 7 firewall e.g. don't recognizes that you are connected
to a domain network.
Not a real problem, but what I find more harmful is, that
i changed the username and password of the domain administrator
and on all the machines that are have that reject issue - i can
still use the old one! (what is not really secure).

If somebody knows more about that windows 7 - samba 3.5.4 - ldap problem
than pleaaassse state something...

regards
Martin