[Samba] required ldap signed connection on domain controllers

proj at free.fr proj at free.fr
Fri Sep 10 17:42:35 MDT 2010

Hello,

I use samba 3.0.33 rpm on Redhat EL 5.5 64x, as domain membe-ROM)r (from CD. When I try to join it to active directory domain (ADS), I have got the error "strong(er) authentication required".
On documentation it is written that "client ldap sasl wrapping = signed " option in smb.conf should correct my problem.
The problem is that, when I add this option in smb.conf, I have in my log files "unknown client ldap sasl wrapping"

How I should I correct it ? I tried to compile the last Samba on Redhat os but I have new errors (impossible to start smbd nor nmbd)...

Thank you