[Samba] Machine account reject

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Fri Sep 10 01:36:49 MDT 2010

  Am 2010-09-10 09:20, schrieb Martin Hochreiter:
>  Hi!
>
> I have samba 3.5.4 on an Ubuntu 8.04 running with windows 7 clients.
> (ldapsam as background tdb)
>
> I do have log entries of some machines in my samba log:
>

> /netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from
> client XXXXX machine account XXXXX$/
>
> The user working on the machine does not seem affected in any way by
> that "problem" but It would be interesting
> how to solve that (that machines still have that behaviour after
> unjoin an rejoin the domain - as I thought it would
> be helpful to set the password again)
>
> Can somebody give me a hint please?
>
> regards
> martin
What I forgott - I found that with some googling:

HHey guys, the solution for this problem is:

In smb.conf add the follow lines:

         client ntlmv2 auth = yes
         lanman auth = yes
         ntlm auth = Yes

And restart samba....

I have lanman auth on default "no" - but I support ntlmv2 ... do windows
7 machines still need lanman?

regards