[Samba] samba acl - able to change permissions that contradict user security setting

suresh.kandukuru at emc.com suresh.kandukuru at emc.com
Thu Sep 9 04:13:27 MDT 2010

Allison,
  My Question was ,
1) we have a share "test" and user admin has RW access and user1 has R only access. from the windows PC , I have connected "test" share with user admin. and created subfolder "test_subfolder"
2) and on that sub folder admin user has given RW access to user user1 . Why samba is not preventing this, since user1 has R only access on that share  "test".??

Smith explained  this in last mail.

Thanks for asking

Suresh