[Samba] Reminder: (force) create mode not instantly applied

alexr samba.x.pastagod at spamgourmet.com
Wed Sep 8 03:30:10 MDT 2010

Hi,

some time ago (16th august) I asked a question about samba not applying
"create mask" and "force create mode" instantly when creating a file on
a share from a winxp client. Only after modifying the security
properties on the file, they are finally applied, independent from what
was changed in the security settings. The original post can be read here:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2010-August/157775.html

Unfortunately I haven't received an answer yet. Has nobody ever
experienced the same issue? No ideas at all?

Thanks in advance,
Alex