[Samba] Samba for AD client?

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 04:02:32 MDT 2010

On 6 September 2010 02:14, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:
> Hey, all.  I'm planning on migrating a W2K3 server to a Linux solution.
> It needs to be AD-aware, support ACLs, etc.  This isn't something I'm
> doing Right Now(tm), so I can wait a little bit.  A couple questions:

As a member server or as a domain controller?

> 1) Are there any known issues with BTRFS?

I doubt many people are using it in production yet, given it's still
"under heavy development" according to the Wiki :)

> 2) Which version of Samba would be most appropriate for this?

For a member server, I'd say probably Samba 3.x, where x is maybe 4 or
higher, but I don't have experience with running Samba as an AD member
server.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>