[Samba] samba in large domain

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 3 08:44:26 MDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 04:45:15PM +0400, Dmitry Tikhomirov wrote:
> In my company we have domains like   country.global.network.local
> My country is russia so domain is russia.global.network.local.

Remember .local is reserved for multicast DNS.  It is NOT to be used for
other purposes.  Yes Microsoft mistakenly used it in their documentation
as an example, but it is still not to be used.  You will have problems.
Microsoft has even released domain rename tools because of their mistake.

--
Len Sorensen