[Samba] CTDB fails to set routes

Jason Russler jrussler at helix.nih.gov
Thu Sep 2 13:26:43 MDT 2010

I've seen some minimal traffic on this issue but no resolution or cause.

OS: CentOS 5.5, kernel 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5
ctdb: 1.0.114.0.298

 From the CTDB scripts, docs, website, it's implied that

/etc/ctdb/events.d/11.routing

should get triggered after a take_ip event.  I've configured
"/etc/ctdb/static-routes" and followed the scripts and functions around
such that it looks like it should get run but it never does.

Additionally, the docs distributed with the source seem to indicate that
the numbered prefixes on the event scripts need to be unique.  CTDB
installed with two 11.* scripts.  Assuming they get parsed in some
unknown order, it shouldn't matter with the 11.* scripts because the
non-applicable one should exit anyway since it doesn't have a matching
config file.

I would like CTDB to set a route when it takes over an IP for the
external (routed) network.  IP take-overs and shuffling IPs around the
nodes in the cluster works fine.  Routes are simply not getting set.
Ones that are manually set by me are blown-away whenever an IP takeover
happens.

Is there something I'm missing for getting the routing event script to
trigger?  I get the same behavior with CVS builds and the older
"Enterprise Samba" CTDB RPM that appears to be from some time in March.

It appears that the simple presence of a correctly formatted
"/etc/ctdb/static-routes" file should be all that's necessary to get the
routes event to work.  Any info or advice would be warmly welcomed.  Thanks,

-Jason