[Samba] samba slow and several "Write andx Request"

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Thu Sep 2 06:51:33 MDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm running version 3.0.28a on Ubuntu linux, and apparently from a day to
another I got performance issues: without any change in smb.conf (except a few
added shares) I have mac osx and linux clients getting a very slow
upload/download speed. I've checked with other protocols, like scp and
performances are good, so I can exclude a network/hardware problem.
Other clients are still running fast (e.g., windows xp). Looking at a
transmission dump I see a lot of "Write Andx Request" packages (and replies)
all moving the data offset by 64 bytes, that I suspect is the cause for the
slowing down speed. Is there some option or somehting I can investigate more?

Thanks,
Luca