[Samba] user permissions

Murat Can Tuna tuna at ptt.uni-due.de
Wed Sep 1 08:36:44 MDT 2010

Hello,

I have a problem about reaching my share folder when the permission is
750 but whenever I change it to 755 I can see the content of the folder.

for 750 I get this result:
"smbclient //serverip/sharename -U username"

smb: \> ls
NT_STATUS_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED listing \*

                 0 blocks of size 0. 9 blocks available
smb: \>

but for 755 everything is fine but of course I don't get any write
permission. Doesn't it mean that my samba user is seem as other? if yes
what could be the reason? It comes to me, something goes terribly wrong.

Thanks in advance

Murat Can Tuna