[Samba] Set ACLs on Samba share from Windows

Dadoo samba1.3.dadoo3002 at spamgourmet.com
Wed Sep 1 17:19:25 MDT 2010

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 20:24:47 +0000, Dadoo wrote:
> I've also dug into some of the Samba source and discovered the error is
> coming from a function named "acl_valid", which is called from
> "smb_acl_to_posix", in the file "vfs_posixacl.c". I'll admit I'm no
> expert on POSIX ACLs, but I have to wonder if there's a bug in the Linux
> ACL functions, since "smb_acl_to_posix" uses *only* ACL functions to
> manipulate the ACL, and someone else in this group said that very same
> function works on Solaris. Does this work for anyone out there, using a
> Linux system?

Okay, now I'm getting somewhere. I finally got my source-compiled version
of Samba (mostly) working, and put in a DEBUG statement that calls
"acl_to_text", right before the call to "acl_valid". This is what I got:

    user::rwx
    user::rwx
    user:2001:rwx
    user:2003:rwx
    user:2004:rwx
    user:2005:rwx
    user:2006:rwx
    group::---
    mask::rwx
    other::---

Again, I'm not an ACL expert. Can anyone verify whether or not this is a
valid ACL?

Thanks