[Samba] Implementing Samba4

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 15:15:41 MDT 2010

2010/9/1 Daniel Müller <mueller at tropenklinik.de>:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 12:00:29 +0200, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> 2010/9/1 Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet at gmail.com>:
>>> El 1 de septiembre de 2010 09:54, Daniel Müller
>>> <mueller at tropenklinik.de>escribió:
[...]
> rpc
>>
>> I doubt "net rpc vampire" will do anything except give you an error
>> message :)  I believe the "rpc" vs. "ads" etc. options are considered
>> to have been a mistake, so are not supported by Samba4's net command.
>> Also, there is no support currently for vampiring from Samba3 to
>> Samba4.  Someone is working on a migration script, though.  Check the

> How about: 2 Samba4-DCs with OpenLDAP 2.4.8 in Multi-Master-Replication
> at: http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2008-April/058567.html

I think perhaps Samba4 worked better with OpenLDAP in the past and it
should also be fixed to work with it again in future, but at the
moment it won't work:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-July/072445.html
"For various reasons, the OpenLDAP backend for Samba4 is not functional
at this time."

Here's the message where Lukasz Zalewski says he's working on the
Samba 3 to Samba 4 migration script:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-August/072683.html

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>