[Samba] Strange access problem after changing grout id number

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Oct 27 01:44:24 MDT 2010

Hi,

I do have a strange problem:

I changed the group ID number for a user group and changed all files and
directories on the filesystem too, so it maches the new ID.

Now I - as a member of that group - can only access some shares, e.g. my
home share, but no other share belonging to that group like I could before.

The error message is, that I do not have the permisson to access that share.

Any idea, what I might have missed?

I restarted samba, wibind and removed all files in /var/cache/samba/*

OS RH EL 5.5, samba3x-3.3.8-0.52.el5_5.2.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion!!!

	Best regards,

		Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt