[Samba] Samba 3.6 directory ACLs

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Tue Oct 26 12:51:45 MDT 2010

Dear Jeremy

> Here you go :-). Download the jumbo patch for 3.5.6 here:
>
> http://samba.org/~jra/samba-3-5-x-acl-jumbo-patch.tgz
>
> Please test and give me feedback !

Thank you for caring about this.

I successfully patched the source code. Unfortunately, when I tried to
compile it, I hit some obstacles. I solved some of them until one came
that I am unable to surmount, because my skills are not up to what's
needed. I am a sysadmin, not a programmer...

A former compilation succeeded but it had no LDAP and no Kerberos. After
installing some packages, LDAP passed but compilation failed with this
error:

cifs.upcall.c:(.text+0x360): undefined reference to
`smb_krb5_principal_get_realm'
cifs.upcall.c:(.text+0x3d3): undefined reference to `smb_krb5_unparse_name'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/cifs.upcall] Error 1

So, for me the best bet is this: are you willing to include these
patches in the next release of Samba (3.5.7 ?)?

Nevertheless, I thank you for your commitment. I am sure that others
will greatly benefit from this work right now.