[Samba] Domain user printing

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Oct 26 11:51:35 MDT 2010

> On 10/26/2010 06:39 AM, Lukasz Zalewski wrote:
>> On 25/10/2010 19:52, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> It looks like a domain user has NO printing permission.
>>>
>>> Do I need Policy Editor for this? Where do I get it to run on an XP Pro
>>> system?
>>>
>>> I have seen various notes about this, but I can't make head or tails of
>>> them.
>>>

>> Robert,
>> Have a look at
>> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Implementing_System_Policies_with_Samba
>> This explains deployment of system policy through samba 3.X. It also
>> outlines the difference between system policy and group policy
>> You can still use Local Group Policy (through gpedit.msc), but as the
>> name suggests its local to every machine, and not deployable from the
>> Domain Controller.
>
> What good is it to know how to implement a policy for all computers on
> the domain if you don't know what policy is giving you the problem?
>
> How do I troubleshoot this blockage.   All I get is the print failure
> when using a domain user.

Robert,

Are any of the group policies in the following section set?  A previous
email stated you were looking at templates under "Computer
Configuration", so check under

*User Configuration*\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printers

Details here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319939

Dale