[Samba] File deletion under win7 while saving it

Julien julien-samba-forum at recisio.com
Tue Oct 26 06:21:36 MDT 2010

Hello,

I have a Samba server on a Debian Box. Some windows machine (XP, Vista)
A strange problem appear with a new Win Seven: When I load many files
(about 10) in my audio Editor, edit them and save them. Sometimes one
file simply disappear from the directory. The same problem appear with
an audio conversion tool doing batch conversion of many files. Again, I
try to convert about 10 audio files and sometimes one or two files are
not converted (left in the older state) or simply disappear.

My share is configured with this :

[global]
	workgroup = office
	netbios name = arena

	dns proxy = no
	interfaces = bond0
	bind interfaces only = yes

	security = user
	encrypt passwords = true

	passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1/
	ldap admin dn = cn=xxxx,dc=xxx,dc=xxx
	ldap suffix = dc=xxx,dc=xxx
	ldap group suffix = ou=Group
	ldap user suffix = ou=User
	obey pam restrictions = yes
	unix password sync = yes

	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spasswo...
	pam password change = yes

[data]
	comment = Datas
	path = /data
	browseable = yes
	writeable = yes
	create mask = 0775
	directory mask = 0775

	vfs object = recycle
		recycle:repository = /recycled/data
		recycle:keeptree = Yes
		recycle:versions = No
		recycle:touch = Yes
		recycle:maxsize = 300000000
		recycle:directory_mode = 0775
		recycle:exclude_dir = share

About permissions : Files on this share are group writable but not
necessary owned by the user who is editing it. Each user are in the
group of the files.

Version :
Kernel: Debian 2.6.26-2-amd64
Samba: 3.2.5-4lenny13