[Samba] Samba-winbind 3.5.4 primary group is always domainusers!!!???

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:20:28 MDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Looks like this is expected behavior
http://readlist.com/lists/lists.samba.org/samba/1/6417.html

The documentation does sort of mention this at
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_&_Active_Directory

"You must make sure that the primary group of the Unix users in the AD
is also Unix enabled (with a GID) (A user whose primary group is not
also a Unix group will not show up on Unix at all !) "

But it is not clear from that statement that primary group means
primaryGroupID (windows primary group) NOT gidNumber (rfc2307)

Andy