[Samba] Can print when logged in as domain user

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 14:03:01 MDT 2010

On 22/10/2010 20:38, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> On 10/22/2010 03:22 PM, Chris Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Robert Moskowitz<rgm at htt-consult.com>
>> wrote:
>>> This is an OEM installed XP from a resaler. I would NOT be supprised
>>> that
>>> there are some serious limitations on the XP installed.
>> No functional limitations on OEM versions, except that some were tied
>> to specific manufacturers (they wouldn't install if the BIOS string
>> did not identify the device as that manufacturers).
>
> The license is an OEM license (per system properties) registered to the
> E-Waste Recycler I bought it from. It is an IBM SFF.
>
> But why no policies for allowing printing when attacked to a domain? Why
> not connect when domain logged in.
Robert,
Are you using AD for group policy, samba (system policy) or local group
policy. I have noticed, that on my XP client machines not all of the
policies are present until you add appropriate templates (don't know if
its SP3 "feature"). If you right-click on Administrative templates,
there will be an option to Add/Remove templates. The required policy is
part of system.adm