[Samba] Application will not run for domain user

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:11:13 MDT 2010

Two possible options:

1) It may not be a local vs domain user issue. It may be an administrator vs
non administrator issus.
Can you add the domain user to the local administrators group?

2) It may be the file permissions-  samba doesn't always translate the unix
acl's to windows properly. If you can run quicken with the data on the XP
machines local hard drive than this is the case.   What is the Samba PDC OS
and File system?   I found Solaris 10 ZFS was especially tricky.  If you
right click on a network directory or file, and check the permissions do you
get an warning about permissions being incorrectly ordered?  Can you check
effective permissions to see if a "deny group" is overriding an "allow
user?"