[Samba] Trusted domain users unwantedly mapping onto local domain users

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 16:07:43 MDT 2010

Re ssh -  I should try that.

Windows 2003 Native mode-  you can't have NT4 BDC's in the domain.
Trusts with NT4 domains are OK (at least should be.)     Samba  (as a
PDC) emulates an NT4 domain but still seems to use kerberos for locating
DC's (which would make sense if you want it to be an active directory
domain member.)

I also have trusts set up with my samba domain and a Windows 2008 domain
(in Win 2003 mode)-  but I haven't tested that much to see if it is
something specific to samba or some weird issue with the windows 2003
domain.

FYI-  since  I went to samba 3.4 from 3.03 idmap does NOT automatically
create entries in LDAP.  I had to manually create them in ldap.  I had
the entries that samba 3.0.x would create as a template so, for a small
number of users and groups not have big a challenge.  (alternately could
use "wbinfo --allocate-gid" and "wbinfo --allocate-uid.")