[Samba] problems with login and browsing on 3.5.4 LDAP PDC

Eric A. Hall ehall at ntrg.com
Tue Oct 19 11:09:52 MDT 2010

On 10/19/2010 12:45 PM, Eric A. Hall wrote:

> Both responses show STATUS_SUCCESS in the SMB message. The only potential
> difference that I can see between them is that the Samba response shows
> "Security signatures are not supported" in the reply message. Perhaps this
> is preventing the client from following up with the LANMAN request to
> enumerate the servers? Also I have long since set the registry options
> needed for signatures, and this same configuration was working before the
> upgrade. Did something about this change recently?

Yes, yes it did. The old install had "server signing = auto" but this
seems to break the new one. Setting the following options fixes it:

        server signing = disabled
        smb encrypt = disabled

Is there a paper discussing these options in detail? Is there something I
should add to my group policy files to make this work better?

--
Eric A. Hall                                  http://www.eric-a-hall.com/
Network Technology Research Group                    http://www.ntrg.com/