[Samba] Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

robert.gehr robert.gehr at baumann-gmbh.de
Tue Oct 19 01:05:54 MDT 2010

I tried it with "smb ports 139" to no avail. Same problem.
The backup job takes that long because the windows box first runs an
integrity check. If I just copy the file manually it takes a couple of
minutes. As already mentioned the other samba server 3.4.7 works without
any problems.

What does that error message actually mean? Does it mean a network error
has occurred, the server has run into a timeout, the server can no
longer resolve the name of the client or what?

Ideas are welcome.

Rob