[Samba] Samba 3.5.6 - configure creates Makefile with errors on Solaris 10

Robert M. Martel - CSU r.martel at csuohio.edu
Mon Oct 18 08:05:28 MDT 2010

Greetings,

Attempting to build samba 3.5.6 on Solaris 10.  Running make after the
configure process has completed yields:

make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 1396: Extra `:', `::', or
`:=' on dependency line

Not that I have not had issues of late building Samba, but this id the
first time it went of the rails so early in  the building process.

-Bob

Robert M. Martel                 I met someone who looks a lot like you
System Administrator             She does the things you do
Levin College of Urban Affairs   But she is an IBM
Cleveland State University                           -Jeff Lynne
(216) 687-2214
r.martel at csuohio.edu