[Samba] SAMBA 4 ACL support

Vaclav Klecanda vencax77 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 01:41:44 MDT 2010

Hi all,
I am experimenting with samba 4. I have existing data on NTFS partition and
want to share them via samba. But I have problems with permissions (ACL).
There is an option: ntvfs handler that tells how mapping of permissions
between unix and windows world shall behave. But there is lack of
documentation. So I tried posix, simiple but in either case I wasnot able to
write even set permissions via GUI from windows client. So I would like to
ask if somebody knows where could I read something about this topic or if
there is a guru that knows how this thing work, please could you share you
knowledge?

Thanks a lot, Vasek