[Samba] Restricting samba subfolder acl changes to admin users

suresh.kandukuru at emc.com suresh.kandukuru at emc.com
Fri Oct 15 05:09:02 MDT 2010

Got it Volker . Thanks .

once final Q is ,I have admin user in NAS . for a share "test" , he has given write access to user "user1 " and  read access for a  subfolder -> "testsubdir" in share "test" .
when user1 logged into share  "test",  he could not write into "testsubdir". obviously it is because he has read access on the folder an most restrictive access will be effective.

and the problem is since the user1 has write access to share , he is able to change the  read access on the sub folder by himself. why samba is allowing this ? since effectively user1 has read access on the sub folder "testsubdir" it should deny acl changes on that right?.

Thanks
Suresh