[Samba] Restricting samba subfolder acl changes to admin users

suresh.kandukuru at emc.com suresh.kandukuru at emc.com
Fri Oct 15 00:07:55 MDT 2010

Thanks Volker. Adding Jeremy, as my manager told me that let samba team know that I am part of EMC lifeline team .. and some of team members discussed with Jeremy  regarding some other samba problems.

Volker ,  if you don't mind can you elaborate this , if we make share offline , how the setting of acls goes through the samba source code.?
 ----
However, I think this might cause quite a few problems. For
example, if you make such a share available offline,
disallowing setting of ACLs will cause severe problems when
clients synchronize their data. Moreover, some applications
like for example Microsoft Excel explicitly set the ACL when
saving files. You need to check if disallowing this does not
cause you trouble.

Thanks
Suresh