[Samba] Newly created files/folders showing up only if I change folders and come back

Keun Song keunhosong at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:58:15 MDT 2010

I've noticed some weird behavior as below.

- I created a new folder from my Windows desktop in a Samba server's folder.

- Then, the new folder does not show up.

- If I go to another folder and come back to the folder in which I created that new sub-folder, then it shows up.

Wondering if it has anything to do with my Samba version, a smb.conf configuration, or a chmod permission.

Thanks in advance!

- Kevin