[Samba] Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

robert.gehr robert.gehr at baumann-gmbh.de
Tue Oct 12 01:45:55 MDT 2010

I don't think this is my problem. Samba on the ReadyNas works all right,
it is fast, I can mount shares etc. No worries at all.
Only if I copy that huge file which takes abaut an hour (depending on
the network load) or so the error pops up and the backup fails.

The ReadNas is a Debian based Linux. The windows machine a "Server 2008
R2" system. As already mentioned backing up to the old samba server
never caused any troubles. Both the old samba server and the ReadyNas
have the default smb ports = 445 139 settings.
Both machines run as member servers of an AD Domain.

Thanks again for any hints.

Rob

------

                                                ~ Albert Einstein

--
baumann GmbH
Oskar-von-Miller-Str. 7

GF / CEO: Dr. Georg Baumann, Rudi Neumann, Josef Konrad
HR: Amberg HRB 1067