[Samba] Error message on disconnecting (Samba) network drive

Derek Lewis dlewis at mtu.edu
Tue Oct 12 01:13:58 MDT 2010

I have Samba 3.6 up and running with my Windows XP machine and connect
easily with Map Network Drive, though I get a warning message upon
disconnecting the share.  The warning message indicates that files or
folders are still open and requests confirmation to disconnect the share.

This seems more a Windows issue, though I wanted to eliminate Samba
configuration as the problem.

I made sure to close all files before attempting disconnect.  I wonder what
Windows detected that would raise this warning?

I should also note I have seen a similar error with Samba 3.0 as well.

Derek